In Memoriam (1942-2007)
Mark Pistorius was a graduate of Milliken University and Southern Methodist School of Law. While at SMU, he served as Managing Editor of the Journal of Air Law and Commerce, class representative to the Student Bar, and was elected to the Barristers honorary society.
Mr. Pistorius was a Certified Public Accountant and a member of the American Bar Association, Texas Bar Association, Dallas Bar Association, American Trial Lawyers Association, and Texas Trial Lawyers Associations.
Initially associated with an insurance defense firm, Mr. Pistorius was in private law practice representing insurers since 1985. He co-authored a treatise on public adjusting (Insuring Real Property, Matthew Bender, 1989) and was Executive Counsel to the Texas Association of Public Insurance Adjusters (TAPIA). Mr. Pistorius produced the TAPIA Law Newsletter, and was author of the third edition of "Understanding Property Insurance Policies D A Layman's Guide". He was also one of the founders of the Tort and Insurance Practice Section of the Dallas Bar Association. He was a graduate from Coach University, and created a coaching program focused on lawyers and fellow professionals. He was also a Certified Professional Behavioral Analyst on the advanced DISC Behavioral model sponsored by Target Training International of Scottsdale, Arizona.
Areas of Practice
- Insurance Law
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Professional Behavioral Analyst, Target Training International, Scottsdale, Arizona
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, Dallas, Texas
- Honors: Class Representative to Student Bar
- Honors: Elected to Barristers Honorary Society
- Milliken University
- Insuring Real Property (Co-Author), Matthew Bender, 1989
- TAPIA Law Newsletter
- Understanding Property Insurance Policies: A Layman's Guide, 3rd Edition
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- Texas Bar Association, Member
- Dallas Bar Association, Member
- American Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Dallas Bar Association, Insurance Practice Section, Founding Member
- Coach University, Graduate